[R] Changing size of lattice plot?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 11:41:31 CET 2007

The 'base height and width of a lattice plot' are the dimensions of the
graphics device in use.  You set those when you open the graphics device
(which you are using was unstated, as was your OS), and each device has
device-specific defaults.  I'd suggest something like

windows(width=8, height=5)
x11(width=8, height=5)

would be more appropriate, but for a screen device you can resize the
window to get the effect you are looking for.