[R] Qsub - unable to open connection to X11 display

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 29 17:34:34 CET 2007

Hi Bernd,

A little speculation / uninformed input on my part, but I'm guessing
that the R on your nodes is compiled without X11 support, probably
because the cluster nodes have X11, but not the X11 header files
required by R when it is built. Probably

> capabilities()[["X11"]]
[1] FALSE

One solution would build the R nodes with X11 support, this might
require cooperation from the cluster administrator (to install X11
headers?).

If X11 support is compiled in, then have you added -X to qsub?

Martin