[R] calculate spatial distance

robert.ptacnik at niva.no robert.ptacnik at niva.no
Tue Oct 30 16:49:28 CET 2007

Hi,
I have a set of locations defined by longitude and latitude (in degrees),
and want to calculate the spatial (or geographic) distance among all
locations.
I did not find such a function in the spatial-related packages. (I *cannot*
use 'dist', as I have geographic, not cartesian coordinates).
thanks!
Robert

 Robert Ptacnik
 Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA)
Gaustadalléen 21
NO-0349 Oslo
mobile +47 982 277 81
FON NIVA +47 22 18 51 00