[R] bitmap patterns in R fill

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Tue Oct 30 20:50:25 CET 2007

There was a thread a couple of months back on filling a curve with a
color gradient, you could apply those same techniques with a bitmap
pattern (some adjustments may be necessary).

Or this may be something better suited to an outside program like gimp
or imagemagick.

You should also ask yourself why you want to do this, filling
curves/polygons with other than solid colors (and even sometimes with
solid colors) can create various illusions and end up distorting rather
than enhancing graphs.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.