[R] DBI Package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 07:53:24 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Germán Carrillo wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Congratulations by this gorgeous software.
>
> My name is Germán Carrillo, I'm writting from Colombia. I don't have much
> experience with R, reason why I use the R-GUI (version 2.5.1) on Windows.
>
> I have some problems with DBI package, I want to connect to PostgreSQL
> database but I don't know the way to do it.

As far as I am aware DBI does not currently have a PostgreSQL driver.  To
connect to PostgreSQL you can use RODBC (easy) or RdbiPgSQL (and Rdbi)
from Bioconductor, which uses a precursor to DBI.  Unfortunately, I don't
see a Windows binary for RdbiPgSQL on the Bioconductor site so you would
need to compile it from sources (not easy).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk