[R] Homework help: Is this how CI using t dist are constructed?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed Oct 31 16:06:38 CET 2007

Doing:

> t.test(x)

Will give the same CI (among other things), but it is good to do it the
long way a couple of times to make sure that you understand what the
canned approach is doing (but from now on you can use the t.test
function).

Also just as a minor terminology correction, usually alpha would be 0.05
from your example, what you have as 0.95 is the confidence level
(1-alpha).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.