[R] pdf() device uses fonts to represent points - dataalteration?

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:12:48 CET 2007

On 2007-October-31  , at 17:01 , Greg Snow wrote:
> Another approach is to use the my.symbols function in the
> TeachingDemos
> package (in place of the points function) and define how you want your
> circles represented (a polygon with enough sides is a good
> approximation
> to a circle for most cases).

Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately this won't solve the
problem here since I a not using the base graphics and the 'points'
function. I am using ggplot which in turn uses Grid for the plotting
part. In fact I never even call the point drawing function in Grid to
do the plots, it is called when appropriate (e.g. when adding
outliers to a boxplot). I could of course modify the source of Grid
to plot polygons instead of points and recompile the package but the
problem is really in the pdf part (since outputing to SVG draws real
circles) so I would rather not tweak the rest to get the pdf right.
Thanks anyway.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/