[R] [Lattice] Incrase the height of strips in Trellis plots

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk
Wed Sep 5 09:19:57 CEST 2007

This should give you something close to what you want:

xyplot(Petal.Length ~ Petal.Width | Species, iris,
       strip = strip.custom(par.strip.text = list(cex = 2)),
       par.settings = list(layout.heights=list(strip=1.45)))

The par.settings argument alters locally the default par settings of lattice plots, see e.g. ?trellis.par.get and the ?xyplot about the par.settings argument.

A closer inspection (try using strip = 2 or numbers less than 1.45 in stead of strip = 1.45) of the figure reveals that there are some problems with vertical alignment of the strip text, i.e. not centered.

To remedy this I think that you have to use you own strip function. You may be able to build you own function by altering the default strip function, see ?lattice.options and try lattice.options() at the command prompt. However this may be more difficult than it seems at first. Perhaps some one more familiar with the lattice package can solve this.

Best regards

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen
Scientist

UNIVERSITY OF AARHUS
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
Dept. of Genetics and Biotechnology
Blichers Allé 20, P.O. BOX 50
DK-8830 Tjele

Phone:   +45 8999 1900
Direct:  +45 8999 1878

E-mail:  FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk
Web:	   http://www.agrsci.org

This email may contain information that is confidential.
Any use or publication of this email without written permission from Faculty of Agricultural Sciences is not allowed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Faculty of Agricultural Sciences immediately and delete this email.