[R] Excel

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:18:02 CEST 2007

On my version of Excel (Excel 2007 under Vista) using
File | Open on a file, a.txt such as:

a b
sep7 10
sep10 11

causes it to enter a wizard where it asks you for the delimiters and
column types so you can change it from what it offers as the default.
In particular, if you leave it at General it will guess Date but you can
specify Text or you can specify Date to cause it to select a
particular type.