[R] Export Step Function Coefficients to Spreadsheet or Text File

Eric R busorafn at juno.com
Thu Sep 13 23:21:10 CEST 2007

Hello,

After I use the lm() function to perform a multiple linear regression, and
then use the step function to eliminate variables that predict the weakest,
I need to export the final equation to a spreadsheet or a text file. Below
is some sample code. In the end I want to export the coefficients to a
spreadsheet. Will you please direct me to the appropriate syntax? Thanks for
your time, --Eric

x <- read.csv('C:/path/*.csv', comment.char = "", nrows = 99, header = TRUE,
row.names = 1)

w <- lm(d ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 + 1)

step(w)

Coefficients:
(Intercept)    x1          x2          x3       x4
  4.834e-04    4.892e-01    4.698e-02    4.206e-05   -8.806e-03

write.csv(w, file = 'C:/path/*.csv', append = TRUE)

The error I get is:
Error in as.data.frame.default(x[[i]], optional = TRUE) :
        cannot coerce class "lm" into a data.frame