[R] segfault in download.file

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:02:29 CEST 2007

I tried the same operations, and got

trying URL
'http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=^spx&a=0&b=02&c=1991&d=8&e=13&f=2007&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=^spx&x=.csv'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method = method, quiet = quiet) :
        cannot open URL
'http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=^spx&a=0&b=02&c=1991&d=8&e=13&f=2007&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=^spx&x=.csv'
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found' in: download.file(url,
destfile, method = method, quiet = quiet)

Probably, you should upgrade R and the package.