[R] glmpath error

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 17:21:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 9/19/2007 7:46 AM, Tirthadeep wrote:
>> Then what is the solution?
>
> The same method you used for the other columns:
>
> train.data[,21]

However, the error message is about the first argument (x) and not NULL
for the second argument (and applying $ to a matrix will give a warning in
recent versions of R).

I think it most likely that train.data is a data frame, in which case the
problem lies in the first argument.  glmpath makes no attempt to coerce
its arguments to the desired form, so you do need to supply exactly what
the help page says.  (Although it does not say x should be numeric, it
does need to be.)