[R] BRugs package question

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 21 10:56:31 CEST 2007

sk wrote:
> Hi there,
>   I installed the latest OpenBUGS version (3.0.3) in program files folder but it seems that bugs use its own version of OpenBUGS.
>   here is part of the message bugs returns
>   Welcome to BRugs running on OpenBUGS version 2.2.0 beta
>
>   how can i configure BRugs  to use the mine version of OpenBUGS?

You cannot, because the OpenBUGS API changed. Therefore using some trick
is irrelevant here. We have submitted a new version of BRugs to CRAN a
couple of days ago which will appear on you local mirror probably next
week. (Kurt as  maintainer of the source repository is currently
offline...).

For those who cannot wait, a binary BRugs version for R-2.5.1 for
Windows is currently available from:
http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/~ligges/BRugs/BRugs_0.4-1.zip

Uwe Ligges