[R] Correlated frailty model

ah06981 at studbocconi.it ah06981 at studbocconi.it
Sun Sep 23 20:34:57 CEST 2007

Dear R-help,
I am trying to a estimate a correlated frailty model. My dataset is
made up of 40000 observations. I would like to know if it is too big or
I have done some mistakes in the following code.

group<-paste(usa$id,usa$mob)
mixed.logn<-coxme(Surv(yearspan)~ south+mod, data=usa,random= ~ 1|group)
Errore in matrix(0, dd[1], dd[2], dimnames = x at .Dimnames) :        non
è possibile allocare un vettore di lunghezza 1600000000
(It is not possible to use a vector of leght 1600000000)
Inoltre(Also): Warning message:
The initial fit took 6  steps, which is bigger than the inner.iter
paramter.  Consider increasing the latter in: coxme.fit(X, Y, strats,
offset, init, control, weights = weights,  Thank you
Silvia