[R] Plotting tree tips in a specific order! how?

jagl linker1981 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:07:06 CEST 2007

hi to all

I'm using ape,ade4,etc packages to draw phylogenetic trees.

Situation:

- i have a file with genetic sequences
- i can do the clustering with hclust
- i convert the clustering to trees
- the resulting trees are correct

Problem:

- the sequences in my data files have a specific order
- first sequence is from time=0, last sequence is from time=end of time
- plotting a tree doesn't respect this order (ex: if it is a vertical tree,
branch from time=0 is not at y=0 position and branch from time=1 it's not in
y=1 and so on)

Does anyone know how i can do this (even with clusters like time=1 to
time=10 drawn first, then time=11 to time..... )?