[R] Adding a table to a plot area

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:22:39 CEST 2007

Frank E Harrell Jr <f.harrell <at> vanderbilt.edu> writes:
> Judith Flores wrote:
> > Is there a command to insert a table into the plot
> > area other that using text?
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> To me the only completely satisfying approach is to use LaTeX and psfrag
> in you want great alignment and other features.  A howto with R is at
> http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/PsFrag .  This uses the fragmaster perl
> script which runs LaTeX from within R to make the final graphics file
> self-contained.

The howto is interesting and extremely useful (thank you), however there is one
line that couldn't be completed:

tab <- latexTabular(x, align='rl')  # new function in Hmisc

Which version of Hmisc has (will have) this new function?
It cannot be found in the latest version (3.4-2) from CRAN...

Best wishes,
Adrian