[R] Who uses R?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:30:18 CEST 2007

That's a good answer, but the usage is very much wider.

As Pat Burns has just replied while I was composing this, many (maybe
most) major financial institutions use R, although they may not want that
to be taken as an endorsement.  Similarly for pharmaceuticals.

I would have thought a very convincing argument would be to point out all
the books which have been published that are about or depend on R.

Eleni's email address is the UK, so perhaps the 'Statistics government
department' is.  I hope not (as they should not need convincing), but
'University of Oxford' should suffice ....