[R] Spacing between x axis and labels

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 17:44:21 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 15:39 +0200, Christian Schäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my x-axis contains labels that consist of two lines (the actual label
> and below information about groupsize). Unfortunately, there is too
> little spacing between labels and tickmarks in this situation. Is there
> a parameter to tune spacing between axis and labels?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

See ?mtext and take note of the 'line' argument, which allows you to
specify the margin line upon which to place text labels. The 'at'
argument is used to define where on the axis the labels should be
places.

If you are not already, you will want to use either 'axes = FALSE' or
'xaxt = "n"' in your plot call, so that the default axis labels are not
drawn.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz