[R] sprucing up the R homepage

Finny Kuruvilla kuruvilla at post.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 26 04:53:20 CEST 2007

I've been a R-user for quite some time.  The graphic on the home page
looks a bit in need of polish so I applied some antialiased
transformations that Peter Dalgaard has previously posted to R-help
for improving graphic quality.  I had to change the margins a bit, but
here is what it looks like:

http://www.broad.mit.edu/~finnyk/Rhome.jpg

Personally, I think it looks much better.  Because people so often
"judge a book by its cover" (subconsciously or consciously), I'm
wondering if anyone thinks this is worthy of replacing the current
version?  I want R to maximize R's appeal and albeit a small
improvement, hopefully this change will help a bit!

Regards,
Finny Kuruvilla

--
Finny Kuruvilla, MD, PhD
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital