[R] different colors for two wireframes in same plot

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk
Thu Sep 27 11:29:19 CEST 2007

You can obtain some transparency setting the alpha transparency. This is device dependent though. Using the pdf device you can do this obtaining transparency of both surfaces (the version must be at least 1.4 for semitransparent output to be understood):

pdf("test.pdf",version="1.4")
wireframe(z ~ x * y, data = g, groups = gr,
          scales = list(arrows = FALSE),
          drape = TRUE, colorkey = TRUE,
          screen = list(z = 30, x = -60),
          par.settings = list(regions=list(alpha=0.75)))
dev.off()

See ?wireframe for the "at, col.regions, alpha.regions" arguments.

Does this suffice?

Med venlig hilsen
Frede Aakmann Tøgersen