[R] When is the periodogram is consistent with white noise?

Peter Wickham peterwickham at mac.com
Thu Sep 27 22:50:15 CEST 2007

A  programme I wrote in R could be relevant. The reference is I. Lobato and
C. Velasco, Econometric Theory, Vol.20, 2004, "A Simple and General Test for
White Noise". The acf function and the spec.pgram function are used to
produce a transformed von Mises statistic which is approx. N(0,4). Tests are
standard and finite sample values are easily generated. The programme seems
to work OK in experiments using random numbers and AR1 series. If there is
any interest I can supply a script file.