[R] rotate bar labels in barplot()

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 03:27:05 CEST 2008

Ricardo

I suggest you modify the mar argument of par.  For example,

barplot(1:10, names=rep(paste(letters[1:26], collapse=' '), 10), las=2)

the labels won't fit with the default settings, so try:

par(mar=c(20,4,4,2))
barplot(1:10, names=rep(paste(letters[1:26], collapse=' '), 10), las=2)

There's a lot in ?par - it is worth studying closely ....

Peter Alspach

The contents of this e-mail are privileged and/or confidential to the named
 recipient and are not to be used by any other person and/or organisation.
 If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
 all material pertaining to this e-mail.