[R] need help with understanding stepAIC

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Apr 3 10:15:20 CEST 2008

Dear Balavelan,

First I would suggest to include the main effects of all variables in an
interaction. So you model with interaction should be y ~ a + b + c + d +
c:d. Which can be abbreviated to y ~ a + b + c*d.

Futhermore you should take a look at ?predict.glm and pay attention to
the newdata and type = "reponse" arguments.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey