[R] loop? apply? I want to repeat a task through 208 itterations.

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:44:45 CEST 2008

structure(list(RM215alk = c(15, 13, 12, 14, NA, 13, 16, 13, 16,
#subset of data
13, 17, 13, 19, 13, 14, 14, 15, 15, 14, 16, 14, 15, 13, 14),
    NSCl = c(NA, NA, 2.9, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA)), .Names = c("RM215alk",
"NSCl"), class = "data.frame", row.names = c(NA, -24L))

apply(if n>=3(x.f, 2, shapiro.test)else(NULL)) #crappy code showing my
lack of knowledge on the subject

I would like to apply this to a 208 column data matrix, and this is
the first time I have tried a repetitive task in R- so please bear
with me.  the shapiro.test requires 3 to 5000 observations and there
are some columns that don't have three observation making it
unnecessary to preform a test for normality.  How do I do this?
thanks

stephen
--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and

	-K. Mullis