[R] Cannot run R from command prompt

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:28:33 CEST 2008

Did you start up a new command line session after setting the
path?

Also note that at http://batchfiles.googlecode.com there are batchfiles:
R.bat, Rcmd.bat etc.  They can be placed anywhere in your path
and then you can just write R or Rcmd, etc.   With those you don't
have to change your path at all since they find R in the registry
and then run it.  It also means that when  you change R versions
you don't have to do anything since they will automatically find
the new one in the registry.