[R] [OT] Typesetting / highlighting R code in Latex

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 6 17:40:04 CEST 2008

Using Latex and the beamer class, I would like to highlight code snippets.
Does anybody know a suitable 'preprocessor' or 'filter' for R (and/or C/C++)
code ?

I have been including it in simple \begin{verbatim} ... \end{verbatim} and I
know there is a better way -- in fact I saw it used a while back in some
package I looked at.  And I didn't write that down...

What I am looking for is the basic equivalent of 'everything in verbatim'
plus the ability to hightlight certain parts to stress the points I'd like to
make.

There must be something.  Pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dirk