[R] [OT] Typesetting / highlighting R code in Latex

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Sun Apr 6 23:54:16 CEST 2008

Le dim. 6 avr. à 14:44, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> On 6 April 2008 at 10:40, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | Using Latex and the beamer class, I would like to highlight code
> snippets.
> | Does anybody know a suitable 'preprocessor' or 'filter' for R (and/
> or C/C++)
> | code ?
> |
> | I have been including it in simple \begin{verbatim} ...
> \end{verbatim} and I
> | know there is a better way -- in fact I saw it used a while back
> in some
> | package I looked at.  And I didn't write that down...
> |
> | What I am looking for is the basic equivalent of 'everything in
> verbatim'
> | plus the ability to hightlight certain parts to stress the points
> I'd like to
> | make.
> |
> | There must be something.  Pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> The listing class was what I was looking for -- thanks for the quick
> off-list
> reply.  Basic synopis of listing is eg here
> 	  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Packages/Listings

The listing package is great. I used it for my "Introduction à la
programmation en S" manual (on CRAN) to index the code sections
automagically. That said, I had to add a few keywords to the list
bundled with the package; you may want to have a look at my
customizations in

	https://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/svn/documents/intro_S/trunk/introduction_programmation_S.tex

[Lines 96--113]

HTH