[R] mgcv::gam prediction using lpmatrix

David Katz david at davidkatzconsulting.com
Mon Apr 7 01:48:15 CEST 2008

The documentation for predict.gam in library mgcv gives an example of using
an "lpmatrix" to do approximate prediction via interpolation. However, the
code is specific to the example wrt  the number of smooth terms, df's for
each,etc. (which is entirely appropriate for an example)

Has anyone generalized this to directly generate code from a gam object (eg
SAS or C code)? I wanted to check before I reinvent the wheel. Thanks.