[R] How to pack my stuff into a package (library, collection)?

Tribo Laboy tribolaboy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:50:23 CEST 2008

Hi Simon,

I did the example given in package.skeleton

f <- function(x,y) x+y
g <- function(x,y) x-y
d <- data.frame(a=1, b=2)
e <- rnorm(1000)

package.skeleton(list=c("f","g","d","e"), name="mypkg")

then tried:

library(mypkg)

Error in library(mypkg) : there is no package called 'mypkg'

After checking the directory structure, I found the "package" 'mypkg'
placed under 'bin' sub-directory. I moved it to 'library', where all
of the CRAN downloaded packages are and this is what I get:

> library(mypkg)
Error in library(mypkg) :
  'mypkg' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

What am I missing?

Regards,

TL