[R] "preferred" version of Linux for R?

Mitchell Maltenfort mmalten at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:06:51 CEST 2008

If your criterion is use of resources, then you might be more
interested in which flavor of Linux makes it easy to turn the X-window
server off.  No windows or mouse, more RAM and CPU cycles for R.  As I
recall, the only Linux where that might be a problem is Ubuntu,
because there's no convenient way to kill the X-server.

Also look at Puppy Linux --http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppy300 --
which has a rep for very small use of resources.

--
I can answer any question.
"I don't know" is an answer.