[R] GLM fitting in R and Statistica

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Apr 9 22:35:01 CEST 2008

Can you get fitted values out of Statistica?  If the 2 models are
equivalent, just using different encodings of the categorical variables,
then the fitted values will be the same (within roundoff error) even
though the coefficient estimates may differ.

So as a first step you should compare the fitted values or predicted
values for new points and see if those are close or not.

Also, make sure that Statistica is treating site as a categorical
variable (does it show 2 degrees of freedom?), if it is seeing it as a
linear variable rather than a categorical, then it would show 1 line and
everything would be messed up.

Hope this helps, If not, can you send code/output from both using a
sample dataset?

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center