[R] (no subject)

Lindsay Banin l.banin05 at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 16:12:34 CEST 2008

Subject: nls, step factor 0.000488281 reduced below 'minFactor' of
0.000976563

Hi there,
I'm trying to conduct nls regression using roughly the below code:

nls1 <- nls(y ~ a*(1-exp(-b*x^c)), start=list(a=a1,b=b1,c=c1))
I checked my start values by plotting the relationship etc. but I kept
getting an error message saying maximum iterations exceeded. I have
tried changing these start values, and I heeded advice from other
threads and ammended my code to include :, control = list(maxiter =
500), trace=TRUE)).
Now I receive an error message saying "step factor 0.000488281 reduced
below 'minFactor' of 0.000976563".

Any ideas?
Many thanks in anticipation,

LB