[R] Structural Modelling in R-project

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 16:41:04 CEST 2008

>From: "Ivaha C (AT)" <civaha at glam.ac.uk>
>Date: 2008/04/10 Thu AM 08:51:14 CDT
>To: R Help <r-help at r-project.org>
>Subject: [R] Structural Modelling in R-project

if you have a univariate time series and you
want to break it into its various components,
then you get the scalars based on a decomposition.

if you have a kalman filter/
basic strucutural model type setup ( i.e see harvey 1990, can 't remember title ), then you'll get matrices but I don't think structTS is used for the latter ? Professor Ripley,  correct me if i'm wrong on that
because I don't use structTS.

I can't say much else but you may want to look at the DLM package if you are trying to  do what I think you might be trying to do ?