[R] 64-bit/32-bit

Sancar Adali sadali at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:59:53 CEST 2008

Our research group is thinking of buying a 64-bit windows workstation
with an intel core2 duo processor, and I am going to  use R on it. I
have a couple of questions.
Is it possible to run 32-bit build of R on a 64-bit computer without
problems?(For windows) Would there be problems with contrib packages?
>From what I've read in the mailing lists, there is eventually going to
be a 64-bit build for windows, but I can install linux on the machine
and use  64-bit build for linux without problems, right?

--
Sancar Adali
Johns Hopkins University