[R] Problem with loading package Matrix

Peter H Singleton psingleton at fs.fed.us
Thu Apr 10 18:59:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

I recently upgraded from R 2.6.1 to 2.6.2. I uninstalled 2.6.1, installed
2.6.2, and installed the packages I regularly use. Everyting seems to be
running properly, including most of the packages, but when I try to call
the Matrix package, I get the following error:

> require(Matrix)
Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-26~1.2/library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

This is preceded by a pop-up window with:
R Console: Rgui.exe - Unable To Locate DLL
The dynamic link library Rblas could not be found in the specified path ...

I've looked in the specified folder and the Matrix.dll file is there. I've
also tried installing the Matrix package from another CRAN repository, but
I'm still getting the error.

Any suggestions?

Peter Singleton
USFS Pacific Northwest Research Station