[R] error from building a package

Aimin Yan aiminy at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:59:03 CEST 2008

I am trying someone's example to build a R package,
but I get some errors, Can someone help me to figure it out?

thanks,

* using log directory '/home/aiminy/myrpackages/roots.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
* checking for file 'roots/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'roots' version '0.1-1'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'roots/src' contains object files.
* checking whether package 'roots' can be installed ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... NOTE
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
   Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking data for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... WARNING
Found the following sources/headers with CR or CRLF line endings:
   src/fifrt.c
   src/fthrt.f
Some Unix compilers require LF line endings.
* checking line endings in Makefiles ... OK
* checking for portable use of $BLAS_LIBS ... OK
* creating roots-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* creating roots-manual.tex ... OK
* checking roots-manual.tex ... OK