[R] R equivalent of erfcinv in matlab

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Mon Apr 14 01:14:59 CEST 2008

At a guess ...

> erfc <- function(x) 2 * pnorm(x * sqrt(2), lower = FALSE)
> erfcinv <- function(x) qnorm(x/2, lower = FALSE)/sqrt(2)
> erfc(0.3)
[1] 0.6713732
> erfcinv(erfc(0.3))
[1] 0.3

It may not hurt to include these wrappers in R for matlab refugees.
They seem to be coming thick and fast these days.

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred): +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):  +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                         +61 4 8819 4402
Home Phone:                     +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables at csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/