[R] heavy graphs

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Apr 16 00:05:08 CEST 2008

But you also might have the additional problem that too many data points
just produce an incoherent solid blob, no matter the format.

Lots of folks have written about this. Check out JCGS and computer graphics
literature for ideas. Also,this is one arena where fancy, dynamic,
interactive software (maybe xgobi) might be useful. Maybe not (too much
data).

Finally, canonical answer: **appropriately** sample and plot only the sample
data. The key is in defining "appropriately",of course.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech