[R] looking for a string

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Wed Apr 16 00:05:23 CEST 2008

Thanks Mark!

markleeds at verizon.net wrote:
>> From: "[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team" <webmaster at xen.net>
>> Date: 2008/04/15 Tue PM 04:48:12 CDT
>> To: markleeds at verizon.net, r-help at r-project.org
>> Subject: Re: [R] looking for a string
>>

> Hi Ricardo: you can use the idea you
> found below to apply Henrique's code inside subset.
> that's fine.
>
> BUT, you can also use Henrique's
> code directly without using subset. it should
> work as is. test it out. i'm pretty sure it should.
>
> ALso, I don't remember what Charle's proposal was but,
> if you send it to me, I can see if I understand
> it and then explain it to you if i do.
>
> I have to leave now but I'll log in again around
> 11 pm US time. good luck.
Yeah, I think I got grep idea. Both options are possible.

Charles's entry:

    regexpr("Jalapa", as.character( unidad ) ) != -1

It was the first reply to my message.

It is a bit late here in Europe, so tomorrow morning I will keep track
of this thread. Any insight will be welcome!

Thank you so much,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez