[R] Transposing Data Frame does not return numeric entries

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:35:33 CEST 2008

 x <- read.table("LittleGarvin.csv", sep=",", header=TRUE)
y <- t(x)
str(y)

chr [1:193, 1:288] "oligocha" "0" " 0" " 0" " 0" "0" ...
 - attr(*, "dimnames")=List of 2
  ..$ : chr [1:193] "X" "upwd1201" "upwd0502" "upwd0702" ...
  ..$ : NULL

x is a data frame with a whole bunch of numeric vectors I would like for the
rows and columns to be reversed == transposed but with the same attributes.
I am trying to feed the transposed data frame to metaMDS(vegan).  I am
stumped- sorry for the large attached file- I am at a loss.

Stephen Sefick

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us

-K. Mullis