[R] basehaz and newdata

mah harwood262 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:39:25 CEST 2008

Survfit returns an  "Error in temp[, 1] : incorrect number of
dimensions" error message when I attempt to use newdata to validate my
models.  The syntax I am using is "sfit <- survfit(mod1,
newdata=testd, individual=T)".  The dataframe testd has two columns
and 39 rows (see below).  The rows are the monthly values of the
independent variable in subsequent months, and the number of months.
When I remove the "individual=T" option I get the 39 curves I would
expect.  Am I misunderstanding the intent of survfit/newdata/
individual, or is the syntax incorrect?  Mod1 is the following

Call:
coxph(formula = Surv(Inv_Months) ~ sb_rat_12, data = dfname_c)

          coef exp(coef) se(coef)    z p
sb_rat_12 1.22      3.40    0.132 9.28 0

Likelihood ratio test=84.6  on 1 df, p=0  n= 8405

the dataframe testd is the following:
Inv_Months sb_rat_12
1 1.023567
2 0.989322