[R] Brown-Forsythe F* Statistic

Paul Lynch plynchnlm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 01:14:00 CEST 2008

You're right-- I think we're not talking about the same thing.  It
looks to me like the hov() function in the HH package is a test for
whether or not the variances are different.  What I was looking for
was a test (also by Brown-Forsyth, and referred to as the F* statistic
in my textbook) for testing whether means are different-- a test
useful for the case where the distribution is non-normal (e.g. skewed)
and the variances are unequal.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Peter Dalgaard

--
Paul Lynch
Aquilent, Inc.