[R] SVG format from any R graphic GUI?

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Thu Apr 17 10:13:22 CEST 2008

Stefan,

Stefan Grosse escribió:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:51:30 +0200 Agustin Lobo wrote:
> AL> 2. I need the figure displayed on the screen, I'm using
> AL> Impress (the equivalent of ppt). Thus EPS is not an option,
>
> 1. So what please is wrong with png? I am using it with Word (If for
> some reasons I cannot use LaTeX -- some coauthors are unfortunately
> quite resistant there...)

If you include a png in your Impress presentation and resize it
(which is often the case, that's why you use a program for
presentations) , you
get very bad quality. I think this is because png is not vector format.
This problem does not occur with emf files in ppt or with svg files
in Impress (as far as I've been able to see).

> 2. Plus have you tried to make pdf's from the impress slides with the
> eps graphics? Works perfectly for me. Acrobat reader can than do the
> presentation in full screen mode as well. This indeed makes eps an
> option again!

Yes, thanks for the workaround that I personally will try. But I'm not
trying to solve my problem only, I really want to know if I can tell my
colleagues that
they can use OO in the same way as they do with MSOffice. Thus,
I'm looking for something as simple and equivalent to the way
you work with emf and ppt as possible: you just
copy an emf file and paste it on a ppt slide, where you
resize it, annotate it, animate it etc.
Discarded the emf file, I've seen that opening an svg file with OO
works and it's close to the ideal solution (copying and pasting the
svg file on Impress does not work well).

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster