[R] logit GLM without intercept

Robert Junker r.junker at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Apr 21 17:56:44 CEST 2008

Dear Statisticians,

I would like to analyse my data with a GLM with binomial error distribution
and logit link function. The point is that I want a model fitted without
intercept, i.e. the fitted curve should start at y=0.5 for x=0.

I tried it with the following code:

glm(value~0+ppm, binomial)

Does this code yield the correct model or is there another possibility? I’d
appreciate it very much if you could help me out with this. I attached some
example data.

Thanks & all the best

   Robert

Robert Junker
Department of Animal Ecology & Tropical Biology
University of Würzburg Biozentrum, Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg, Germany