[R] Regression inclusion of variable, effect on coefficients

Thiemo Fetzer tf at devmag.net
Mon Apr 21 21:15:34 CEST 2008

Hello!

I was thinking again about the possible interaction between x1 and x4.

Theoretically it makes sense, that the influence of x4 on y is the stronger,
the less informative is x1. It can be argued that the higher x1, the less
informative it is x1.

How could I incorporate this relationship in the model?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance,

Thiemo