[R] How to turn a string into a variable name ?

Remolabarac R_vardavas at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:30:17 CEST 2008

Hello,

following on  - on this subject:

i have tried the following:

natural_nums <- 1:10
even_nums <- seq(2,10, by = 2)
types <- c("log(natural_nums)~time", "even_nums")
types <- lapply(types, as.name)  ## list of variable names types

[[1]]
`log(natural_nums)~time`

[[2]]
even_nums

as you see types[[1]] has the annoying ` ` before and after my expression.
How can I remove this?

I want to do this because I want to generate a list of expression like
c(log(a1)~time,log(a2)~time,....) using a for loop and then use this to do
regressions.

Please help.

Thanks.