[R] Problems with Windows RGUI R-2.7.0 when PATH includes 'æ'

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 13:01:46 CEST 2008

Your email was not properly encoded by the time it reached me (see the ?
in crucial places), so I may be missing something.

I am guessing you are in a Danish locale with codepage CP1252, and
fortunately the subject line appears to have worked.  I think I have a
reproduction test, in which case this will be fixed in R-patched shortly
(but please test that for us).

No one reported this in the alpha/beta/RC test period, and we do know that
the Japanese did some testing of the new features.  I guess that real
testing started yesterday ....

Thanks for the report -- if you find further misfeatures it would be
helpful to have the locale and an email in a marked encoding.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk