[R] Feed list of vectors to vioplot()?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Apr 23 16:11:32 CEST 2008

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list of vectors and am trying to coerce them into something that
> vioplot will take as groups of data to be plotted independently. Can
> someone nudge me into the right direction?
>
> Thanks, Joh

> minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

I'll try less impolite and with more info ...

I'm writing a function that contains this:

# function(x, ... , morestuff){}

which is gathered into a list like so:

# mylist <- list(x, ...)

down the line I'd like to output all elements from "mylist" in seperate
vioplots in a single coordiante system. Now I have a hell of a time with
that because vioplot does not accept a list as input but only a succession
of vectors ... how can I now force my list into that form so a can say

# vioplot(magicfunction(mylist))

and get a violin plot for each list-member?

Thanks for any hint,

Joh