[R] significant variables in GPLS ?

Lena Lieckfeld LenaLieckfeld at gmx.de
Wed Apr 23 18:23:58 CEST 2008

Hello,
I am using the gpls package for modelling vegetation classes.

My problem is that I now want to know which input variables are significant for the modelling of the classes to recalculate the equation again with just the selected variables.
I think I can analyse the significance of the variables via their weights.

I used the "gpls1a" term for two group classification. Here my code:

library(gpls)   #

> spex_Y<-read.csv("F:/GPLS/spex_Y.csv", header=TRUE, sep=";")#, row.names="ID")  #

> spex_X<-read.csv("F:/GPLS/spex_X.csv", header=TRUE, sep=";")#, row.names="ID")  #

> test <- glpls1a(spex_X, spex_Y$A_mell,K.prov=7, br=FALSE)

> names(test)

[1] "coefficients"   "convergence"    "niter"          "family"

[5] "link"           "levs"           "bias.reduction"

coefficients = regression coefficients

convergence = whether convergence is achieved

niter total = number of iterations

bias.reduction =  whether Firth's procedure is used

link = link function, logit is the only one practically implemented now

But the values (coefficients, convergence, niter, family, link, levs,        bias.reduction) I have got from the gpls1a do not contain any information about the significance of my input variables.

Does anybody have an idea how I can get information about the significance of my input values?

This would really help me a lot.