[R] filled contour plots

Fernando De Sales fhds2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 22:44:51 CEST 2008

   hello everyone,
   I was wondering if anybody can help me solve 2
problems related to the function filled.contour.
   I am entering the following R command:

filled.contour(xx,yy,P1, nlevels=20,color=cm.colors,
     plot.axes={
     contour(xx,yy,P1,add=T,col="grey",
            nlevels=20, drawlabels=F)
            axis(1,1:length(xx),labels=xlabels)
            axis(2,1:length(yy),labels=ylabels)
               })

which results in the figure attached. Overall the
figure looks great. However, my 2 question are:

1) how can I make sure that the contour lines match
the shading?  you can see from the figure (center
left) there's a contour missing.

2) how can I get smoother contours/shading, without so
many sharp angles?

   I appreciate any help from you.
   thank you so very much for the attention.

   F. DeSales